Monday, June 1, 2015

Lighten Your Load


Lighten Your Load

We all carry a heavy load, whether it is internally or externally.  When I travel, I pack my favorite backpack.  It is orange.  It holds all the essentials I need for easy access.  If I fly on a plane, it is by my side.  Like a friend, waiting for a conversation, it’s comforting to know it’s there.  

In a dream, I forgot my precious pack.  I panicked.  This bag, which I wear over my shoulder, or on my back, represents my inner self, always there.  When traveling this journey of life, it is a steady companion.  Forgetting it, is forgetting a part of me.  My inner being has everything I might desire for this trip.  At any point, I can extract one item or another.  If wanted, I can even re-purpose the pack, and use it in different situations during the trip.  


At times, the backpack or our interior world can be overloaded.  Stuffed with physical items, or even mental and emotional baggage.  When this happens the time comes for an overhaul or a cleansing.  Assess what is absolutely vital.  Release and bless the “travel gear” no longer useful.  Your trip will be easier and freer.

No comments:

Post a Comment